Nightmare in Strathmere
August 26th 2017
Boat Parade is at 6:30 PM Saturday, August 26th
Awards & Raffle Drawing 9 PM at Deauville INN
Registration is at Herb Hollinger’s House (Bayview & Putnam Road) 7:00 PM – 9 PM Friday, August 25th and Twistie’s Noon – 5 PM on Saturday, August 26th
_____ House on the Bay (judged at 6:00 PM)
_____ House off the Bay (judged at 5:00 PM)
- Name: _______________________________
- Theme: ______________________________
- Address: _____________________________
- Boat Name: ___________________________
1. Houses off the bay need to be prepared for judges by 5:00 PM. Make sure your assigned number is displayed prominently on the front of your home.
2. Judges will be driven by boat down the bay starting at 6:00 to judge Houses on the Bay. Make sure your assigned number is displayed prominently on your dock.
3. Boats should be at the Strathmere boat ramp lined up behind the Grand Marshall in numerical order by 6:15. Your assigned number needs to be displayed prominently on the side of your boat.
4. There will be a pacing boat very close to the boat ramp that will be setting the distance between boats and will give you the go ahead to proceed. The parade route runs thru the route twice.
Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for the Parade, Houses on the Bay, and Houses off the Bay.
There will be a new award for Boats this year. Nightmare in Strathmere has been around for quite some time. It means different things to different people, but there have always been traditions of last minute, off-color crazy ideas that rarely win awards, but are truly the heart of our celebration. We will be giving an award for the boat that most exemplifies the “Spirit of Nightmare”.